this tree has got to my collection in 2012 more pictures from progression
it has been pot into wooden box with bad mix ( beginners mistake). it was growing ok but because it was 4 seasons in the same soil and pot without any check I decided that it will be worth to re-pot it to new mix/pot and sort some roots too. Here we have some pictures.
before I attempt to re-potting
out of the pot.
after clean out all old soil
two heavy roots/stubs need to be removed
and job done
those two heavy cuts sealed by charcoal
and the tree in new home. maybe not the right angle but it will adjusted in next re-potting session.
This tree has got to my collection in 2014 pictures of progression
It is garden center material and It has stayed in its original garden pot and soil mix. I have decided that it is the time to transfer it to some more bonsai image pot and mix.
out of the pot. lots of fresh roots.
roots stock after clean up.
and the tree in new home
This little tree has got to my collection in 2013 as a garden center material. I have potted it that time into some training plastic bonsai pot, but I used bad quality mix. It was grown ok but not as good as I wish. this year I decided it is time to re-pot it, to some more open mix. Here we have some pictures.
out of the pot . As you can see the soil is very compact because I have use wrong cat litter as the mix ingredient ( do not use backed soda cat litter even it is no clumpy ).
roots stock ( not many after 3 seasons in that mix)
and the tree in new mix ( no clumping, backed clay cat litter/ gravel , in 1/1 ratio) and new bonsai pot too :}
This tree has been collected from wild in 2012. Let the pictures tell the story.
Do not have pictures from between but not much happened in that time with this tree.
This tree has been collected in 2012. Let the pictures speak.
I think I found right way for it
This is the continue of one of my firstly collected trees previous progression.
The tree in December 2015
after studding it I found some issues which need to be fix.
1 the yellow circle it is the division place where the second bottom branch coming out from trunk as you can see that branch is thicker then trunk below and the division place give revers taper to the trunk line.
close up view to that branch.
2 red lines show that distance between them is not right judging by the distance between first two bottom branches.
Those two issues were confusing me big time so I decided that only one and the best way to fix it, is chop off everything above the first branch and re-build my tree .
This is how it looks now. I know that I took step back, but sometime we need to do it. Then we can see twice bigger steps forward. The time will show.
I have been messing around my garden today and I noticed that some of my trees are showing signs of spring.
European Larch cascade style second year in development.
on right Japanese Larch collected from wild 4 years in development, on left European Larch on rock second year in development.
Acre Palmate “Kashima” 1 year in development. Material from garden center.
There are many more that are ready to start to 🙂
My van ready for tomorrow workshop. 🙂 mostly re-potting 🙂